Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rangers of Ithilien Forum Index -> Extreme Role-Playing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gilgamesh.2341

re: The Return of Trekko Timberland

I returned from many months away to Brockenborings, my home before the Troubles. It had been a long hard ride back, and I decided to stop first at the Plough and Stars Inn, see old friends and find a room for the evening. Months back I had I had my dear wife Daph sell our two homes and move to a new one closer to the lake, I have yet to visit.

As I entered I was greeted with, "Trekko! How long has it been since you were last in Brockenborings?" The Inn was as I remembered it, filled with sheep farmers and miners from Scary. It was my old friend Greggo that called to me as I came in. "Too long, my friends, too long!" said I, and ordered a stout ale and some food. I sat with the group, good hobbits all. One, a Sheep Farmer by trade says, "Go on, tell us about your travels, Trekko". "Well, if you're sure you want to hear the story..." I began, but was cut off by the Miner from Scary saying, "I don't. We've got troubles enough without worrying about foreign parts." He seemed in a sour mood. But one of the Sheep Farmer's said, "Don't listen to him. We love your stories!" That began a long night of drink, food and tales of high adventure. Finally, I excused myself and went to my room.

The following day, I went to where my parents had lived, they have since past on, and the little hole has changed hands many times since I lived there, but I still wanted to see it anyway. The round door was now blue, growing up it had been a wonderful bright yellow, sheep were out front and a woman tended to a flower patch.

The cul-de-sac had gossipy neighbors who said, "Pansy Tunnelly has been saying strange things are going on in the Shire, a walking tree down in the Marsh, Golfimbul is coming back, or that Gandalf gives her fireworks." I was much concerned, so I went to Bounder Primstone who informed me that the chattering I had overheard was nothing but gossip and misinformation. With his assurances, I felt that Brockenborings was in no danger. Before I left, the good Innkeeper asked me to aid him, I had time and the Shire was at peace, and Daphidillia would want me to help.

So, I turned to him and said, " What may you be wanting..."

{Just doing these few things in Brockenborings took a fair amount of time, and I had a very enjoyable time rediscovering the area again}
Erulach
Apprentice Scribe

This sounds really cool so far. Happy Just curious, but when you sleep, do you actually hang around in a room somewhere till dawn comes in game?
Gilgamesh.2341

I do some crafting, find a 'room' or set up camp [helps being a hunter] - I can't say I do it 100% but I make an effort - or I will log into a different character - depends on my mood.
Feorhwen
Apprentice Scribe

How long does daylight and nightime last? I've never took the time to measure it out.
Mohigan Blade
Officer
Master Scribe

Awarded:

I havent either. I guess we should. I would switch to an alt at night. Unless my character is going to be doing some night hunting or sneaking around. Sometimes when in danger a person is forced to stay up and stand guard. However, during sleeping if I wanted to make sure I got up at daylight I would just switch to an alt till daylight.

The day/night cycle in LOTRO is 3:06 long - 1:42 long for "day", and 1:24 long for "night"

There are 7.74 LOTRO days per real time day (24 * 60/ 186).

The LOTRO clock shifts 7.74 * 6 = 46.44 minutes a day.

The game repeats its day night cycle every 186/46.44 = 4 days.

I did not do the math, but found this information
Mohigan Blade
Officer
Master Scribe

Awarded:

So an hour and 42 minutes of daylight. Plenty of time for a grand adventure. For a while it seemed like I always happened to log in at night. Was oddly frustrating. Thanks for the info.

re: Bjalfi

I will be moving Trekko to 'regular play' since I added Bjalfi to Extreme Rp, 3 characters is just to much to do correctly. I will focus on Chisholm and Bjalfi - Bjalfi's bio got a revision, mainly to clean up wording or non-cannon info to the best of my knowledge.

Bjalfi's father, Ragnar, was a wealthy cloth merchant, and one of several children born to the couple. He received elementary instruction, associated with his father in trade, but showed little liking for a merchant's career. Bjalfi had a ready wit, sang merrily, delighted in fine clothes. But even at this time he showed an sympathy with the poor, and though he spent money lavishly, it still flowed in such channels as to attest to a of spirit kindness.

The event that changed Bjalfi was when he went out with the townsmen to fight marauding bandits. The townsmen were defeated, and taken prisoner. He was held captive for more than a year, forced to work as a slave in the evil men's service. Bjalfi escaped during a winter night. nearly naked, half frozen, suffering a sickness contracted in the bandits service, Bjalfi crawled to a small cave, in it a she-bear allowed him to lay next to her and her cubs for warmth. In the cave he found some hides that he made into a garment.

Bjalfi realized the emptiness of his life, see for the first time the love that nature provides. It was a long journeying back to Dale, he reflected on his life, it was a shallow one. On entering Dale, he found that his family had died in a fire almost a year before. Orphan, and penniless he obtained a cloak, garment, and staff of a pilgrim. from a friend.

He has come to Breeland to aid the poor and fight for moral justice.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rangers of Ithilien Forum Index -> Extreme Role-Playing All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: